Effective: 29th May 2020
Collection of Personal Information
a. Website Visitors
Like most website operators, MetaProperty.com collects non-personally identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. MetaProperty.com's purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how MetaProperty.com's visitors use its website. From time to time, MetaProperty.com may release non-personally identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Certain visitors to MetaProperty.com's websites choose to interact with MetaProperty.com in ways that require MetaProperty.com to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that MetaProperty.com gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example,
Information you provide willingly,
- when you visit or browse our website,
- register or subscribe to be our Users,
- used our Products and/or Services,
- participate in any of our surveys, promotions or marketing campaigns etc.,
- when you carry out transactions with us on or in relation to the Website;
- when you contact our customer service or sales representatives by email, telephone, or in person, to resolve any issues that you may be facing or with inquiries or requests; and
- you may also provide information about a third party through the Services, for example, if you share a property listing through email, Whatsapp or SMS. Some information you provide through our Services is collected and processed by third parties (such as google analytics) on our behalf.
The personal information that we may collect may include (but not limited to) the following:
- Account information such as username, email address, name, gender, date of birth, profile photo, mobile number.
- data when you visit or use our Sites (for example the pages you access and the pages of our Products and/or Services).
- any other information disclosed by you pursuant to the above-mentioned methods and/or usage.
- any communication(s) between you and another User in the website.
- Personal information includes any information which relates directly or indirectly to you, which can be used to identify or contact you such as email address and/or mobile number.
To enrich and perfect your online experience, MetaProperty.com uses "Cookies", similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content, appropriate advertising and store your preferences on your computer.
Any information we collect from the User may be used but not limited to any of the following ways: -
- To verify the identity of the User
- To personalise your experience on our Site
- To improve our Site and services provided to you
- To send periodical emails on information and updates on the Site, related product, or service information
- To identify visitors on the Platform
- To detect and prevent fraudulent activity
- To conduct marketing research activities
- To comply with applicable Anti-Money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism regulations and other applicable laws and regulations
Where indicated, it is obligatory to provide your personal information to us to enable us to process your application for our Products and/or Services. Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal information, we may not be able to process your application or provide you with our Products and/or Services.
The processing of your personal information will be done in accordance with all applicable laws. In processing your personal information, we shall take practical and reasonable steps to protect the personal information from any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental disclosure, alteration or destruction.
The User shall be deemed to have consented to the collection, use and disclosure of personal data of relevant individuals by the User’s continued dealing and usage of the Services on the Site.
Please take note that if at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, please follow the instructions to unsubscribe at the bottom of each email.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
MetaProperty.com may disclose your personal information to the following parties (including those outside Malaysia) for the purposes stated below:
- agents and service providers who provide services relating to the purposes of which the personal information is collected including data processing services; and
- any person, who is under a duty of confidentiality who has undertaken the responsibility to keep such information confidential.
- However, we may disclose your personal information if required by law or in good faith, if such action is necessary to comply with any law enforcement agency requirements, court orders or legal processes.
We may disclose data and aggregate statistics about users of our Services and sales to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties in order to describe our Services, deliver targeted advertisements or for other lawful purposes, but these data and statistics will not include information which can be used to identify you.
Access and Update of Your Personal Information
If you would like to access, update, correct or delete your personal information, you may contact our Data Privacy Officer at help@MetaProperty.com and provide your name, account information, contact information and provide brief details of your request. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access, update or correct your personal information within 30 days of receiving your request and such request may be subject to a fee and will be bound by data protection laws in Malaysia.
Additional Personal Data
We shall not be liable for any voluntary disclosure of personal data by you to other users in connection with the use of the Website, as the case may be.
Changes to this Policy